Courses are now (hopefully!) to start as follows:
Tuesday 28th September, 10.00am-12.00pm, Pantygwydr Baptist Church, Ernald Place, Uplands, Swansea SA2 0HN (pending risk assessment) for 10 weeks.
Course fee: £30
The Concerto and stringed instruments
Listening to – and sometimes looking at – some of the many concertos written for stringed instruments e.g. the violin concertos of Mozart, Beethoven and Mendelssohn; the cello concertos of Dvořák, Elgar and Shostakovich.
Wednesday 29th September, 2.30-4.30, St. James Church Hall, Walter Road, Swansea SA1 4QF for 10 weeks.
Course fee: tbc
Starting from the Sistine Chapel and finishing somewhere in the region of the Albert Hall, 10 weeks of small, medium and (extra?) large vocal groups with and without orchestral, organ or piano accompaniment.
St. James Church’s current Health & Safety information:
- Our H&S officer has advised a 50 people capacity for the large hall & 16 for the small hall to allow for a 1 metre social distancing
- Masks must be worn at all times until seated.
- To maximise ventilation all internal doors and windows will need to remain open, these will have been opened prior to your arrival.
- Please keep a register of attendees for Test and Trace purposes and notify us of any attendees who test positive for Covid-19.
- Hand sanitisers are available at the entrance & in the halls.